According to various online sources Transformers gross income continues to grow. With data from Tuesday Transformers 2 has grossed around $448.5 million worldwide, bringing it really near to this year’s top incomer Angels & Demons, which is at $469 million worldwide after more then a month in theaters.
According to THR.com Transformers 2 broke Imax 5-day record with an estimated five-day gross of $14.4 million, the biggest ever for the giant screen exhibitor, on a record opening of 169 screens. Toronto-based Imax also estimated Michael Bay’s action sequel earned a per-screen average of over $85,000 between June 24 and June 28, with the Imax version contributing 7% of the film’s estimated $201.2 million total domestic boxoffice on around 2% of the screens (HR, June 28). “Transformers 2″ also gave Imax its biggest single-day domestic gross of $3.9 million, and its biggest international single-day gross for a digitally-remastered Imax title at $770,000 on Saturday.
I totally enjoyed this movie. Of course, Transformers 2 did not have the oh-my-gosh my-jaw-dropped just like when I saw Transformers 1. The first movie was like the first experience seeing my childhood toys in real action, so this is kind of understandable. But Transformers 2 is awesomely far out than the first movie, the first time I saw the twins Skids and Mudflap compacted into one crappy looking car before they were converted into two separate new vehicles.
Read the rest of the entry »
Variety, The Children’s Charity from Southern California is selling a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Autographed Movie Poster on eBay to support itself. The poster is autographed by: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Tyrese Gibson, and Ramon Rodriguez. More info on Variety can be found on their site. The poster auction is here, and you can bid on it until July 3rd.
According to a press release from Fandango Transformers 2 made a spectacular debut on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Here are some stats:
- Last night Fandango sold out more than 2,000 midnight and late night/early morning show times nationwide.
- Fandango has been selling more than 8 Transformers tickets per second during peak periods, prior to opening day. That number could rise today.
- Transformers 2 currently represents 94% of all ticket sales on Fandango (as of 9:00 a.m. PT today).
- Transformers 2 now ranks as Fandango’s biggest pre-sales title of the year to date.
- Transformers 2 is selling twice as many tickets as Iron Man sold on Fandango at the same point in that film’s sales cycle.
- Midnight showtimes of Transformers 2 were sold out across the country, from Abingdon, Maryland to Yuba City, CA. One theater in Las Vegas sold out as many as ten midnight showtimes.
- Theater owners are continually adding new show times throughout the day to accommodate the fan demand.
“The film’s success proves that fans are ready for the summer and looking for an escape,” says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. “Moviegoers should certainly buy their tickets in advance before heading to the theater, as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen may end up enjoying one of the top-selling opening days for a weekday in the history of our company.”
One of our readers sent in this youtube video clip with a small Transformers 2 parody. Video is entitled Transformers 2: Revenge of the Twiticons (Twitter Icons) and has some pretty funny Transformers footage, along with a dash of War of the Worlds. See for yourselves:
Our tickets giveaway contest has finished, and the winners are:
- Rick Coronel - who says he is 24 years old, from LA and a big Transformers fan
- Richard Heffner - 35 years old from Pennsylvania and also a long time Transformers fan
Congratulations Rick and Richard! Both of them received a pair of free movie tickets.
As for the other contest participants, one can only say better luck next time!
Moviemistakes.com has rounded up a blog post with fifteen of the movie’s most obvious mistakes. These include car writing changes, disappearing/appearing objects, fast forward clocks etc.
NOTE: Possible spoilers ahead.
Nine new Transformers 2 images have been published on the web. Seven are high-res and two not so high-res :). They feature Optimus Prime, Megatron, The Twins, Ravage and other Autobots and Decepticons, and of course Megan and Shia. Continue reading to see them.
Hello Transformers fans! If you haven’t reserved your Transformers 2 tickets yet here’s a chance to win some FREE. Transformers2.net is organizing a contest starting from midnight June 18th and until midnight June 22nd (Pacific time).
- On or about June 23rd, 2009, two lucky winners will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries submitted and received.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email on or about the drawing date.
- Each of two winners will receive a pair (2) of free tickets valid for any wired Fandango theater.
Read the rest of the entry »